• Welcome to www.fastfrogs.co.nz - Fast Frogs The NZ home for Fast French Cars .

Hello from Auckland NZ

Started by Coffee, August 23, 2024, 09:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coffee

Hi,

Was following a Clio RS200 home for a bit last night and saw a Fast Frogs sticker on the back and thought I'd have a look.

I'm also a Clio 4 RS owner, I have had a Monaco GP edition RS200 for about 4 years now. I'd take a photo, but the front bumper is off at the moment as the plastic manifold part of the boost pipe from the intercooler to throttle body decided to separate a few weeks ago and I've only just got the new pipe assembly from RNZ. A lot of money for some pipe and plastic...

Not my first fast frog, I lived in the UK for a while and had a '91 205 GTI 1.6 I put a 1.9 MI-16 (3 row ECU) into, which with the 1.6 gearbox was an insanely fun car to drive. Arguably more fun than the Clio, but the Clio is a lot more resolved and capable and certainly much nicer as a daily.

I've had plenty of other fast cars over the years, but those are my French ones. My mum had a 1.9 405 SRi for a while, I had plenty of fun ragging that around too.

bryand

Hi Coffee,
Welcome to Fast Frogs.
Some images of your Clio would be good to see when you have it all back together.

Current:
1988 Peugeot 309 SR
1989 Peugeot 309 SRi
2010 Citroen C5 2.0  H3+ (163)
Long gone:
Simca 1000  bored, planed, cammed, Webered